Here is an opportunity to nominate and recognize organizations and businesses that took voluntary actions to improve air quality in 2012. The nomination process is easy and the award provides an excellent opportunity to receive public recognition and media attention. Award recipients benefit through a positive image in the community and by attracting customer attention.
Examples of activities that may make your organization eligible to receive this award include:
- Install state-of-the-art emission control technology
- Invest in energy efficiency and/or fuel efficient vehicles and technology
- Provide transportation-related benefits such as telecommuting, compressed workweek, biking or carpool incentives, subsidized transit fare, etc.
- Have Environmental Management Systems, participate in Green Tier or engage in other activities that go beyond compliance
- Actively inform employees about air quality conditions and actions via flyers, bulletin boards, e-mail or newsletters
- Participate in pollution Action Day programs by notifying employees and rearranging work activities
- Plant trees or use natural landscaping around your business
- Participate in Green Buildings, Smart Growth, SmartWay Transport or other initiatives
The next set of awards will be presented May 23, 2013 at the Clean Air Extravaganza at the UW Milwaukee Zilber School of Public Health. Winners will not be announced until the awards event.
For questions, please contact Jessica Lawent at (414)263-8653 or Jessica.email@example.com.
Commuter Champion Award
In 2008, a Commuter Champion Award was initiated by the Wisconsin Partners for Clean Air to recognize businesses or organizations that provide their employees a commuter choice or benefit. A true Commuter Champion should offer a variety of commuter choices, programs, or incentives to their employees.
The Commuter Champion Award will be announced in conjunction with the Wisconsin Partners for Clean Air Recognition Awards at the Clean Air Extravaganza on May 23, 2013 in Milwaukee.
Please contact Peter McMullen at (414) 263-8751 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding the Commuter Champion Award.