The Wisconsin Clean Diesel Coalition (WCDC) is a collaborative of diesel fleets, engine manufacturers, government agencies, and other public and private diesel stakeholders, that have joined efforts to voluntarily explore, develop and implement mobile diesel emission reduction strategies in Wisconsin. WCDC focuses on educational outreach and development of funding mechanisms to accelerate emission reductions from diesel fleets.
For information on the Wisconsin Clean Diesel Coalition contact Peter McMullen (414-263-8751).
The Wisconsin Clean Diesel Coalition (WCDC) supports the regional efforts of the EPA's Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative. WCDC uses education and financial assistance to help diesel equipment operators reduce emissions.
Target fleets include:
- Publicly owned on-road and non-road vehicles
- Trucks, truck stops and distribution centers
- Construction equipment
- Agricultural equipment
- School buses, publicly and private owned
- Transit buses
- Garbage trucks, publicly and privately owned
- Coach buses
- Local delivery vehicles
- Rail, passenger and freight
- Port equipment
Strategies pursued under this initiative will address outreach and funding for reducing both operational and idling emissions. The following types of emission reduction options will be evaluated, encouraged and implemented where possible:
- Appropriate types of exhaust retrofits for various fleet types
- Engine upgrades, repowers and NOx chip reflash where needed
- Idling reduction devices, specifically for high idle vehicles (trucks, buses, rail)
- Shore power at truck stops/distribution centers, ports, airports and other high idle locations
- Use of cleaner fuels
- Idling reduction incentives, fleet driver training, and restrictions where appropriate (state, regional, fleet-wide)
- Incorporating clean diesel language in contracts (DOT and municipalities with construction contractors, school districts with bus companies, shippers with carriers, etc.)
Clean Diesel Fleets & Projects
Projects undertaken with grant funds have made significant achievements. Check out the Wisconsin DNR's Clean Diesel Grant Programs webpage for details.
If you are a Wisconsin fleet taking action and want to be recognized on this site, please share your activities with us by contacting Peter McMullen (414-263-8751).
U.S. EPA Clean Diesel Resources
- Clean Diesel and DERA
- Trucking and Freight Fleets - SmartWay Transport Partnership
- Clean School Bus
- Construction and Agricultures
- Ports Initiative