WPCA has two yearly award opportunities - Recognition Awards and the Commuter Champion Award. This is an opportunity to nominate and recognize organizations and businesses that took voluntary actions to improve air quality in 2016. The nomination process is easy and awards provide an excellent opportunity to receive public recognition and media attention. Award recipients benefit through a positive image in the community and by attracting customer attention.
Examples of activities that may make your organization eligible to receive this award include:
- Install state-of-the-art emission control technology
- Invest in energy efficiency and/or fuel efficient vehicles and technology
- Provide transportation-related benefits such as telecommuting, compressed workweek, biking or carpool incentives, subsidized transit fare, etc.
- Implemented an Environmental Management System, participate in Green Tier or engage in other activities that go beyond compliance
- Actively inform employees about air quality conditions and actions via flyers, bulletin boards, e-mail or newsletters
- Participate in pollution Action Day programs by notifying employees and rearranging work activities
- Plant trees or use natural landscaping around your business
- Participate in Green Power Partnership®, SmartWay® Transport or other environmental initiatives
The next set of awards will be presented in May 2017 in the Milwaukee area at the Clean Air Extravaganza (event details are forthcoming). Winners will not be announced until the awards event. For full details, please read the 2017 Recognition Award Guidelines . The Intent to Apply deadline is March 3rd, 2017. The nomination deadline is March 17, 2017.
Please contact Jessica Lawent at 414-263-8653 or Jessica.Lawent@Wisconsin.gov for more information regarding the Recognition Awards.
Commuter Champion Award
In 2008, a Commuter Champion Award was initiated by the WPCA to recognize businesses or organizations that provide their employees a commuter choice or benefit. A true Commuter Champion should offer a variety of commuter choices, programs, or incentives to their employees.
The Commuter Champion Award will be announced in conjunction with the Wisconsin Partners for Clean Air Recognition Awards at the Clean Air Extravaganza in May 2017 in the Milwaukee area (event details are forthcoming). For full details, please read the 2017 Commuter Champion Award Guidelines . The nomination deadline is March 17, 2017.
Please contact Peter McMullen at 414-263-8751 or Peter.McMullen@Wisconsin.gov for more information regarding the Commuter Champion Award.